Surrogates interested in Surrogacy in Canada Online Services
Why Become a Surrogate?
1. You get to give one of the greatest gifts anyone can ever give... the gift of life! Having a child changes a person from the moment their child comes into the world. We are filled with an indescribable amount of love for this new little person who just came into our lives. Parenthood is marked with tiny milestones, from their first giggle, first tooth, first step and first word and these things are just a few in the incredible list of treasures that make the journey so rewarding. Being a surrogate means that you have helped someone else to experience these treasures. That’s one of the greatest gifts a person can give to another.
2. You’ll form a lifelong bond, a connection that is like no other. Surrogacy in Canada Online understands that the surrogacy process creates a lifelong bond between the surrogate, intended parents and child. We take great care and respect to help foster that relationship throughout your journey.
3. Choose who you want to work with. Our profile system introduces you to intended parents and allows you to choose which intended parent(s) you feel is the right match for you and your family.
4. Gain a sense of pride and accomplishment that you take with you the rest of your life. Intended parents would never have the opportunity to have a child if it weren’t for you becoming a surrogate. You can take great pride in this amazing act of kindness. It's an amazing feeling to know you helped create a family!
5. Have the support you need 24/7 from the beginning to the end. At Surrogacy in Canada Online we are here to help guide you through every step of your surrogacy journey. From meeting your intended parent(s) through the IVF process, pregnancy, delivery and post-delivery. Everything will be carefully guided by our experienced team. In addition to the support from your intended parents, you can be sure we will have your back.
6. Help create families of all backgrounds. Surrogacy in Canada Online works with all intended parents regardless of location, ethnic origin, religion, age, marital status, gender or sexual orientation. During the application and screening process, surrogates have the opportunity to decide whom they would like to work with.
7. Set a good example for your children and community. Show your children and community the unselfish act of kindness of helping another family.
8. Help make dreams come true. Choosing to become a surrogate comes from a sincere compassion to help a couple or individual have a child. You realize that nothing fulfills a person’s life more than being part of a family. They would love nothing more but to help someone realize their dream.
9. Become a part of an amazing group of women– the SCO surrogate mother community! The SCO community is one made of amazing, selfless, compassionate women helping to create little miracles for others.
Our criteria for ideal surrogate mothers that apply to our program. If you are unsure about anything listed below please feel free to contact us for more information. Some exceptions can be made.
- Canadian Citizen
- Be between the ages of 21-49.
- Have had a least 1 child. (We do NOT accept women who have never been pregnant/given birth).
- No history of serious pregnancy/delivery/post partum complications (some exceptions made).
- No history of premature birth (some exceptions are made such as last child born after 37weeks).
- Be in excellent physical, emotional and mental health.
- No serious criminal history. (Must be willing to provide a criminal background check).
- Must be willing (along with partner) to undergo psychological & medical assessments and be willing to provide all medical history.
- Must reside in a stable residence and not planning on leaving the country.
- Married or in a stable relationship. (We do accept single mothers as long as you have a support system in place).
- Have a good support system. (Partner, friends, family that are supportive of your surrogacy journey).
- No serious history of clinical depression or other psychiatric disorders. (Exceptions can be made for situational depression/mild Post Partum Depression/anxiety etc).
- Have a positive outlook on life, considerate of others, compassionate, good communicator and caring.
- Willing to have repeated bloodwork.
- Willing to take IVF medications (both oral and subcutaneous/intramuscular injections of hormones).
- Willing to have invasive medical procedures (sonohysterograms/hysterosalpingograms/endometrial biopsies/IVF transfers/amniocentesis etc).
- Willing to travel to fertility clinics, lawyers, doctor's/ultrasound appointments.
- Take time away from your employer and family for surrogacy (appointments, bedrest, birth, post partum).
- Confidence in fulfilling surrogacy agreement by knowing wholeheartedly that this is the right decision for you and you can confidently say that you would have no issues with relinquishing the child(ren) you have carried at birth.
- No abuse of drugs/alcohol either currently or for at least 3 years.
- Non-smoker or willing to abstain before and during the pregnancy.
- Have not travelled to ZIKA affected areas within the past 3 months.
- Enjoy being pregnant!
- Someone who wants to help others just because they can!
Complete your Surrogate Mother Application online. (As part of the application you must include 1-3 photos of yourself and/or family).
You will be contacted by Surrogacy in Canada Online for an initial assessment either by phone or in person.
Once your application has been approved your profile will be made available for Intended Parents to review. You will also be able to view profiles and you may contact Surrogacy in Canada Online anytime with your questions and/or concerns.