Surrogates interested in Surrogacy in Canada Online Services
Information on Becoming a Surrogate
Our criteria for ideal surrogate mothers that apply to our program. If you are unsure about anything listed below please feel free to contact us for more information. Some exceptions can be made.
- Canadian Citizen
- Be between the ages of 21-49.
- Have had a least 1 child. (We do NOT accept women who have never been pregnant/given birth).
- No history of serious pregnancy/delivery/post partum complications (some exceptions made).
- No history of premature birth (some exceptions are made such as last child born after 37weeks).
- Be in excellent physical, emotional and mental health.
- No serious criminal history. (Must be willing to provide a criminal background check).
- Must be willing (along with partner) to undergo psychological & medical assessments and be willing to provide all medical history.
- Must reside in a stable residence and not planning on leaving the country.
- Married or in a stable relationship. (We do accept single mothers as long as you have a support system in place).
- Have a good support system. (Partner, friends, family that are supportive of your surrogacy journey).
- No serious history of clinical depression or other psychiatric disorders. (Exceptions can be made for situational depression/mild Post Partum Depression/anxiety etc).
- Have a positive outlook on life, considerate of others, compassionate, good communicator and caring.
- Willing to have repeated bloodwork.
- Willing to take IVF medications (both oral and subcutaneous/intramuscular injections of hormones).
- Willing to have invasive medical procedures (sonohysterograms/hysterosalpingograms/endometrial biopsies/IVF transfers/amniocentesis etc).
- Willing to travel to fertility clinics, lawyers, doctor's/ultrasound appointments.
- Take time away from your employer and family for surrogacy (appointments, bedrest, birth, post partum).
- Confidence in fulfilling surrogacy agreement by knowing wholeheartedly that this is the right decision for you and you can confidently say that you would have no issues with relinquishing the child(ren) you have carried at birth.
- No abuse of drugs/alcohol either currently or for at least 3 years.
- Non-smoker or willing to abstain before and during the pregnancy.
- Enjoy being pregnant!
- Someone who wants to help others just because they can!
Complete your Surrogate Mother Application online. (As part of the application you must include 1-3 photos of yourself and/or family).
You will be contacted by Surrogacy in Canada Online for an initial assessment either by phone or in person.
Once your application has been approved your profile will be made available for Intended Parents to review. You will also be able to view profiles and you may contact Surrogacy in Canada Online anytime with your questions and/or concerns.