Egg Donors interested in Surrogacy in Canada Online Services
Information on Becoming an Egg Donor
- Be between the ages of 21-34.
- Be in excellent physical and mental health.
- No abuse of drugs/alcohol either currently or for at least 3 years.
- Height/weight proportionate.
- Must not be on government assistance. (You should be financially secure).
- No criminal history. (Must be willing to provide a criminal background check).
- Must be willing (along with partner) to undergo psychological & medical assessments and willing to provide all medical history.
- No tattoo's/piercings within the last 6 months.
- Have a good support system. (Partner, friends, family that are supportive of decision and/or can help you with injectables and/or appointments).
- No history of depression or other psychiatric disorders.
- Have a positive outlook on life, considerate of others, compassionate, good communicator and caring.
- Willing to have repeated bloodwork and ultrasounds.
- Willing to take IVF medications (both oral and subcutaneous/intramuscular injections of hormones).
- Willing to have invasive medical procedures (gynecological exams, egg retrieval procedure).
- Willing to travel to fertility clinics, lawyers, doctor's/ultrasound appointments.
- Take time away from your employer and family appointements and egg retrieval procedure.
- Confidence in fulfilling egg donation agreement by knowing wholeheartedly that this is the right decision for you.
- Must not have had more than 5 previous egg retrieval cycles.
- Complete your Egg Donor Application online. (As part of the application you must include 1-3 photos of yourself and/or family).
- You will be contacted by Surrogacy in Canada Online for an initial assessment either by phone or in person.
- Once your application has been approved your profile will be made available for Intended Parents to review. You will also be able to view profiles (either online or mailed to you) at no cost and you may contact Surrogacy in Canada Online anytime with any of your questions and/or concerns.